Horses are one of nature’s most beautiful and regal creatures. Horse owners must know that these Beautiful Creatures must be handled with utmost care. One such way is to utilize CBD for horses. CBD has already become a significant component of people’s daily wellness regimens in the recent market. cannabis for horses is any topical or ingestible horse product that contains CBD.
What benefits do the horses get by Consuming CBD?
CBD offers many wellness benefits to equines, especially to chronically lame horses who need a jolt of energy. A few of the benefits that support the horse’s health care-
- Promoting healthier looking coat, tail, and mane
- Easing joint stiffness and aches
- Reducing soreness and overall bodily discomfort
- Allowing for greater fluid mobility
- Boosting cravings and appetite to maintain adequate nutrition
- Elevating energy levels for increased stamina and better endurance
- Calming anxious behavior and alleviating tension in the stable and out
How does CBD works in Horses?
CBD is beneficial to horses as it helps them to interact with their endocannabinoid system (ECS) for improved homeostasis. The internal network of cell signaling receptors is present in every mammal. Its primary function is to optimize key biological processes necessary for everyday function.
When horses consume CBD, the cannabis plant compound interacts with the numerous cannabinoid receptors throughout their ECS. There are two main types of cannabinoid receptors –
- CB1 Receptors – It is located in the central nervous system. The organs and tissues containing CB1 receptors include the muscles, vascular system, brain, lungs, and GI tract.
- CB2 Receptors- It is located in the peripheral nervous system. The tissues and organs containing CB2 receptors include the spleen, skin, bones, and brain cells.
CBD interacts with these receptors to correct and maximize several homeostatic processes match. Providing one horse with CBD daily could help improve their general well-being and guide them on a path to better health.
CBD is safe for horses, just as for humans. It is non-toxic and non-psychoactive. Therefore the horses would not get high from using these products.
Where could one find the best CBD for their horses?
Holistapet is one of the best-known brands that strive to create natural remedies that help reduce the severity of horses’ physical and mental ailments. They use only all-natural organic and vegan ingredients in their CBD for horses. Their ingredients are always non-GMO, and they never put any wheat animal by-products, artificial flavors, cornmeal, or colors in any of their products.